Home>Questions and Answers

What criterion should be applied to compensate for foreigner’s personal injury

Updated: 2019-06-28

According to the provisions of article 30 of the interpretation of the applicable law for compensation for personal injury, if the injured person can prove that the per capita disposable income of urban residents or the per capita net income of rural residents of the place of their residence or habitual residence is higher than the standard of the place where the court of appeal is located, the compensation for disability or death may be calculated on the basis of the relevant standards of the place of residence or the place of habitual residence. This judicial interpretation on the place of the injured person's residence or habitual residence is specific to the different regions of China, and excludes the place of compensation holder's residence or habitual residence in overseas areas.